If you know your password and can successfully log in to your account, you can change your password anytime for security purposes from your Account Settings in either Nexon Home (Nexon.com) or Nexon Launcher.
If you are having trouble logging in because you have forgotten your password, you can reset it and recover your account using the Account Self-Service tool. For more detailed instructions, see Using Account Self-Service.
When changing your password, ensure that it meets the minimum complexity requirements to help protect the security of your account. For more information, see Password policy and features.
Note: This article contains screenshots that are for example purposes only. Actual text and visuals may vary.
To change your password:
- Log in to your Nexon account with your email address.
- From your account menu, click Account Settings.
- Select Password & Security.
- Under Password, click Change.
To confirm your identity, a verification code is sent to either your email address or mobile phone. If using the Authenticator App, use that 6-digit code instead.
- Enter the verification code.
- In New Password, enter your new password so that it has a medium or strong (preferred) password strength. For more information, see Password policy and features.
- In Confirm Password, enter your new password again, and then click Change.
- Click Close.
The next time you log in, you can use your updated password.
Password policy and features
Passwords must be between 8 and 32 characters long and must contain a minimum of one character from at least three of the following criteria:
- Uppercase letter (A-Z)
- Lowercase letter (a-z)
- Number (0-9)
- Symbol (!@#$%^&*-_+=)
To avoid system errors, your password cannot:
- Contain blank spaces
- Be your log in email address
- Be any of your last five passwords
The show/hide feature is provided to help reduce mistyped passwords. Use it to verify your password entry and correct any mistakes.
Click the Show icon to view what you are typing, or check what you have typed, and then click the Hide icon to mask your entry, as desired.
Password strength meter
When you enter a new password, a dynamic password strength meter is displayed along with the list of requirements. As you type, each requirement that is met is visibly marked.
Passwords identified as either Too Weak or Weak are not accepted.
Passwords identified as either Medium or Strong are accepted.