NEXON America ("NEXON") has prepared this game intellectual property ("Game IP") guide in order to provide guidelines for creators seeking to create User Generated Content ("UGC") based on NEXON games.
We hope this guide will help fuel your passionate, creative endeavors that will enable new ways to share the joys of our games.
- Game IP refers to all copyrighted materials and intellectual property related to and/or composing NEXON games, including but not limited to world settings, narrative, characters, monsters, images, background music, and video.
- UGC refers to derivative works generated by creators based on NEXON Game IPs, including merchandise, game footage (including gameplay streams and fan films, etc.), fan art, and fan fiction. NEXON values creators and their UGC, which further enrich gaming experience with NEXON's products.
- When you publish your UGC, please attribute the source (NEXON and the title of the respective game). In particular, please be sure to include a link to the relevant game's YouTube Channel (or cite the name of the game if there are no relevant YouTube channels), or NECORD Music's YouTube Channel when using any soundtracks from NEXON games.
- Commercial use of UGC is prohibited.
- You may not demand nor receive financial compensation for creating UGC.
- You may not sell, display, or otherwise provide access to UGC in return for monetary compensation.
- You may not submit your UGC to competitions that provide financial incentives, or that make commercial use of your submissions.
- Notwithstanding the above, the following uses of UGC are permitted:
- You may collect advertising revenues or donations by uploading your UGC to content platforms (e.g., YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, etc.) that anyone can access for free. This includes UGC that makes direct use of game soundtracks.
- You may sell the game merchandise you created at events officially hosted by NEXON, or at events that permit the sale of such game merchandise. For more details, please refer to the homepage of the respective event.
- Creators must comply with all copyright laws and other relevant laws when creating UGC, and must not contradict good morals and other social order.
- You must independently acquire the approval of other if you wish to use their content in your UGC.
- UGC may not contain or express any of the following:
- Anything that violates laws or regulations, or any third party's rights including intellectual property rights and privacy and likeness rights.
- Expression of political position or viewpoint.
- Discrimination, debasement, or hate-speech against any specific group, religion, race, or gender.
- Obscenity and any explicit or implicit sexual overtones unwelcomed or considered inappropriate by others.
- Violence or cruelty that may be considered offensive or inappropriate by others.
- Anything that violates NEXON's values or policies.
- Contradiction of good morals and other social order.
- Content that is not appropriate for all ages.
Your UGC continues to enrich the gaming experience of countless NEXON fans. We appreciate and applaud the passionate investment of your efforts to find new ways to express and enjoy NEXON's games through your UGC.
If you have any questions on this guide and UGC, please contact us through the Nexon Support Center.
If you wish to report a violation of proper UGC usage including copyright violations, defamation, and unauthorized use of personal likeness, please contact the Nexon Support Center.